Although you may not have planned on it, you will find that coaching is a lot of fun and it can also be very rewarding:
- It enables you to participate in your child’s activities and influence their development.
- You’re helping other kids towards their goals.
- You create a fun and safe environment for them to play soccer in.
- It’s a new challenge and enables you to learn new skills.
- It helps you with that exercise you keep postponing.
- You make a difference in children's lives.
- We need you!
Besides teaching kids how to play soccer you will also help them build a positive attitude towards their teammates, referees, coaches and toward themselves. For a coach, soccer becomes a tool to help the kids learn about themselves and the people around them. Anyone can become a coach but a good coach is not defined by how many games his/her team wins.
Top Reasons to Coach Soccer
1. Coach your kids and you get to spend more time with them at something you can help them have fun at AND enjoy mastering new skills.
2. Coaching young people of any age gives you the opportunity to have a massive and important influence on the future of your community and country! This is not just talk. Ask any adult who has played sports for a while and there is a good chance they had great people who were their coaches.
3. You will be remembered for all the right reasons and kids will copy your example.
4. You get to develop skills in something you have a passion for and coaching soccer skills is full of challenges and rewards.
5. Get some exercise! You'll no longer be wandering the streets looking for something to do or sitting in front of the TV and there will be opportunities to add a new dimension to your life and the lives of others.
6. You will be building contacts in your community and neighborhood.
7. Leadership, responsibility, and commitment all have their own rewards and these are abundant when you coach soccer.
8. It will add to your attractiveness to employers, as coaching soccer or any sport, shows the attributes above. It shows commitment, reliability, purpose and that you can get out of bed in the morning.
9. Personal satisfaction - Winning a competition, one game or having kept a bunch of kids happy and off their devices.