Procedures for Post Season Tournament Participation
1. If a Spring Team would like to request participation in a tournament outside of Region 630, the requesting Coach must discuss the details with their Division Manager prior to submitting a request for approval from the Post-Season Coordinator. The Division Manager will make sure all the requirements and protocol are followed! The request will be forwarded to the RC, Assistant RC and Postseason Coordinator.
2. Prior to submitting your tournament application, the requesting coach must submit acopy the tournament rules and send an email to the Regional Commissioner and to the Postseason Coordinator (please see email sample below). Please also indicate which level of competition you are entering if different levels are available. This is for Insurance purposes!
3. Please also indicate your player roster and any deviations (e.g. guest players), if any, from your normal team roster. Guest players will be allowed only with approval of the Division Manager, Regional Commissioner,Assistant Regional Commissioner and Postseason Coordinator (protocol must be followed for the spring tournament listed below)!
4. The protocol for spring tournaments are as follows:
· Coaches (Head Coach and/or Assistant Coach ) must have appropriate coaching credentials and board approval!
· Coaches must notify all their team members, not just a select few and give priority to their team members
· Coaches can go out and recruit from other spring teams with permission from that team's coach, and after all spring team members have been offered a roster position in the tournament.
5. Upon receiving permission to enter the tournament, you may process your application.
6. When looking at tournaments…..please look at the tournament rules and the type of class tournament….(Class 1 is normally open to all USYSA Affiliates, US Club Soccer & AYSO teams). I am stressing that you ask for permission first (before registering) since some tournaments will not be approved by AYSO and/or Region 630!
7. Other details might be needed for registration (signed roster, etc.). Please check once again prior to registering!
8. Payment of tournament fees prior to receiving approvals is not advised.
You may want to explore the following websites!
(Below is a sample of the request)
I want to request permission to participate in the XYZ Tournament Aug 29/30 (Girl’s Teams). Below are the tournament rules. I will request participation in lower bracket (Flight 2 or 3). This tournament is for AYSO Plus Teams along with signature teams and first year bronze level teams.
The url for the XYZ Tournament is as follows:
Let me know if any additional information is needed.